With the invention of portable dance floors, we now can break a dance just about anywhere. The floor is made quick-to-get-going, sturdy, well-made, and shock-absorbent. And, the best models offer superb balance while helping decrease the chance of the dancer getting injured. That said, today, we would like to shed some lights on the top 10 best portable dance floors of 2020. Let’s see these outstanding picks below.
List of the 10 Best Portable Dance Floors in 2020
10. SnapFloors 3X3 Modular Dance Floor Kit (3′ x 3′), 21 Piece (Luxury Black)
To kick off the list, we have a top-rated portable dance floor from Snapfloors. This floor is not made of wood but a kind of plastic that looks like wood. It comes in a lot of colors such as dark maple, luxury black, luxury white, slate black, and teak. It is manufactured in the United States. Plus, the floor comes with edging and nine interlocking panels.
This floor is designed to be lightweight. It is also portable which you can move it to anywhere you want. The unit is also waterproof. And, it can be used for both outdoors and indoors. The floor is very convenient to clean. It needs to be assembled, yet it does not need additional tools to assemble it. Above all that, the floor is durable enough, suitable for using at crowd parties, ballrooms and more.
- Many colors such as dark maple, luxury black, luxury white, slate black, and teak.
- Can be used outdoors and indoors
- It is lightweight and portable
- Tough for heavy-duty use
- Easy clean-up
9. Hareuin Personal Dance Floor & Multi-USE Mat Dk-Grey/Pale Grey Reversible Marley
Subsequently, we have a portable dance floor from harenuim. This one is safe to use in the house. Since it is a dance floor mat, it is suitable to use for practicing the dance. It can be used for contemporary dances, ballet, percussive dance, hip hop, Irish and tap, street, jazz, aerobics, display, television, concert, exhibitions, and theater. It is designed to be lightweight so that you can roll it and transport it easily.
Undoubtedly, this floor is durable and hard-wearing. It is also resistant to slip which will protect you from getting injured while dancing on it, too. Each side of this mat has a different color so that you can choose whichever color you want to use. It also can be used to place on hard or smooth surfaces.
- Can be laid on both smooth and hard surfaces
- Double side mats which have a different color on each side
- Lightweight which is easy to transport
- Quickly lays flat
8. Dancing Disc New Professional Portable Dance Floor/Turning Board/Tap/Ballet/Safe to use on All Kinds of Floors
Moving on to the next portable dance floor, we have Dancing Disc. Black is the only color that has been offered. It is made of a premium Marley floor. It can be used for dancing of all levels and styles such as jazz, ballet, hip hop, street dance, aerobics and more. It is also perfect to use for Irish and tap dance as it produces a great tapping sound.
You can use it at home or at a dance studio. Adding to that, it can be used on any surface such as smooth or hard. It is safe for the dancer to use as it is anti-slip so that the dancer will not easily slip or get injured.
- Premium Marley floor
- Perfect to use for dancing such as ballet, hip hop, street dance, jazz or aerobics
- Resistant to slip so you not slip or get injury easily
- Can be used at home or dance studio
- Safe to use as it has a tapered edge
7. IncStores 3’x3′ Practice Dance Floor
If you are looking to replace your old portable dance floor, you should consider this pick from IncStores. It comes in three colors such as dark maple, slate black, and slate white. It is easy to assemble or disassemble as you can lay it flat when you dance or practice dancing and you can pack it back when you finish. The unit includes 12 beveled edge pieces. This floor can be used to practice the dance like ballet, jazz, contemporary, hip hop, lyrical, flamenco, or tap. It also can be used for ballroom, event or social dance.
It is ultra-durable which can withstand heels, taps, crowded parties, dance floors and more. This product will come along with a 12 warranty. Besides that, it is very easy to clean and maintain as you only need to sweep it or vacuum it. The material chosen is high-quality polypropylene. It can be used at a dance studio or home. Furthermore, adding this floor to your home can make your house more eye-catching because it has a sharp wood look and a smooth vinyl top. It also provides great sounds for dance tapping as well.
- Material: high-quality polypropylene
- Easy to clean by just sweeping or vacuuming it
- Built to last can stand thousands of heels, tapping, dance floor or crowd parties
- Provides a 12 years warranty
6. Rosco Greatmats Marley Dance Floor for Ballet Jazz Lyrical Dance Drill Team Competition Reversible Studio Flooring
The next portable dance floor is from Rosco. You can use it for any type of dance including jazz, ballet, hip hop, lyrical, contemporary, flamenco, or tap. Moreover, you can dance bare feet or wear a soft shoe on it. Additionally, it is great to use at home, performance stage or dance studio. It is also finished with an anti-skid element, which will prevent dancers from slipping and getting injured.
The floor is designed to be lightweight so you easily take it places. You can effortlessly roll it flat or also fold it in a snap. It is very easy to assemble as you can temporary floor it down or semi-permanent assemble it with ease.
Each side of the floor has a different color as the color of one side is black and the other side is grey so you can choose to use whichever color you want. Plus, you can tap multiple pieces together, and it will create a larger area. This product is backed by a three years warranty.
- Easy to assemble
- Can dance on it barefoot or using soft shoes
- Anti-skid which protects the dancer from slipping
- Portable and lightweight design, so that you can move it to anywhere you want
- Can be used in a studio, stage performance or home
5. Flybold Wood Interlocking Flooring Tiles Solid Teak Wood Oiled Finish Pack
Over here, we have a much-loved portable dance floor from Flybold. This floor is designed to have UV protection. It is also anti-fade which its color will not easily fade and still look best. It is made of pure teak wood which has a strong base and not easy to get broken like regular wood. The PPC base is also durable and it also can be used outdoors and indoors. To prevent the tiles from breaking and make it safer for the dancer, it can be built up without screws.
It also has tiles and snaps locking mechanism that will make sure that the process of installing is easy. Panel covers are tightly clocked together and it will not wobble, too. Plus, it is also easy and simple to disassemble, too. It can be used in your backyard, poolside yard, deck, shower, porch, patios, sauna, terrace, garden, deck and more. Flybold will guarantee over its UV protection ability for one year.
- Each one of the panels covers about 1 square foot of space
- Easy to assemble and disassemble
- Comes in a 3D packaging box
- Can be used in a garden, shower, poolside yard, porch backyard, terrace, patios, deck, and patios
- Features UV protection
- Is Anti-fading
4. Greatmats.com Portable Dance Floor Wood Grain 5×5 Ft Kit Tap Dance for Studios
The following portable dance floor is from Gratmats. This guy is available in three colors such as dark oak, maple, and walnut. Not only this floor can be used for clogging and tap dancing, but it also can be used for many different types of dancing as well such as flamenco, Irish, ballroom, banquet, hip hop, Latin, jazz and more. It is portable, so that you can take it anywhere you want. Besides that, it is finished with a protective coating.
It is nonabsorbent and also resistant to water. In addition, it needs to be assembled, but the task is easy. The floor can be used on any smooth, flat or hard surface. The company also provides 5 years’ warranty. Each package will include 25 tiles.
- Three colors such as dark oak, walnut, and maple are available
- It can be used for tap dancing, hip hop, Latin, banquet, flamenco, etc.
- Durable and portable design
- Waterproof and shock-absorbent
- Back by a 5 years’ warranty
- Made in the United States
Dot2dance is the top second portable dance floor. The unit has a lightweight design. It can be used for all ages including children, teenagers, adults or elders. Moreover, it can be used by all levels as not only professionals can use it, the beginner or medium-level can use it too. You will not easily slip and get an injury because it has a non-slip gym mat. It also has a tuck-under carrying handle.
The floor can be used at home, stage performance or dance studio. It is made in the United States. Furthermore, it can be used for tapping dancing, hip hop, jazz, clogging, Latin, lyrical, flamenco, banquet and more. This one is also environmentally friendly as it is recyclable. Grey is the only color that has been offered and it comes with three different sizes. It is lightweight and portable so that you can carry it around it.
- Designed to be lightweight and portable
- Perfect for home, stage performance, and dance studio
- Suitable for dancers of all levels and ages
- Features a handy carrying handle
- Made from an environmentally-friendly materials
2. Harlequin Personal Dance Floor & Multi-USE Mat Dk-Grey/Pale Grey Reversible Marley 2mX2m Portable – Home Dance Floor
A portable floor dance that ranks second is harlequin. Indeed, this one is also lightweight. You can lay it flat and also can quickly fold it back. This floor is double-sided, and each side has a different color. Additionally, it is designed to be anti-slip and hard-wearing. It is perfect to use for percussive dance, contemporary, hip hop, ballet, street, concerts, jazz, display, television, display, aerobics, theater, exhibitions, etc. It can be laid on hard and smooth surfaces.
- Each side of the floor has a different color so you can choose to use whichever side you want
- Can be used for hip hop, ballet, concert, contemporary, jazz, television, aerobics, exhibitions, theater and more
- Durable, lightweight and portable
- Resistant to slip
- Is hard-wearing
1. Greatmats Portable Dance Floor Wood Grain
Last but not least, we have another sought-after portable dance floor from Greatmats.com. There are three colors such as light oak, walnut and maple have been offered for you to choose from. It is manufactured in the United States. The floor is finished with a protective coating. It is built to be portable so that you can be transported to wherever you want. It is also resistant to water as well as non-absorbent.
In addition, the floor can be used for any kind of dance including hip hop, clogging, Irish, flamenco, jazz, tap dancing, Latin, ballroom, or banquet. It is also very convenient to assemble as no additional adhesive is required, and is also easy to disassemble as well. Package includes 16 tiles. You can buy this product with confidence since a five-year warranty is provided.
- Durable and portable which means you can easily carry or move around
- Can be used for hip hop, jazz, flamenco, ballroom, clogging, flamenco, Latin, banquet, flamenco and more
- Easy to assemble as it does not need adhesive
- Nonabsorbent and resistant to water
Double sided: you may want to consider a double-sided portable dance floor. A double-sided dance floor has a different color on each side, so you can use whichever color you want to use.
Anti-slipping: you do not want to slip or get an injury when you dance. Hence, it is a must to get a slip-resistant floor.
Waterproof: Some companies even take their portable dance floors to a whole new level by making them waterproof. Thus, decide if you will use the floor in a setting in which the floor may be exposed to water.
Durability: In addition, check how durable the floor is. Dancing puts a lot of weight pressure. Hence, it is a must to get a tough floor.
Suitable Surface: Also, see if the floor is suitable for using on a hard, smooth, and.or flat surface
Number of tiles: consider the number of tiles you’ll need. In other words, you should determine how much of a dance floor space you will require.