Nowadays, it’s important to have a laptop because we all need to work and study whether it is from an office or home. And, indeed, a lightweight laptop is generally more beneficial than thick and bulky ones. It’s not very heavy, which makes it hard for us to carry it around.
Furthermore, it’s not very pricey, and it’s good to go with basic Microsoft offices and other programs. And, that makes a lightweight laptop one of the most exceptional types of laptops available in the market.
Without further delay, we are presenting to you the ten best lightweight laptops of 2020 with their key features. Kindly take into consideration the product’s buying guide at the very end for your final decision over the right lightweight laptop as well.
List of the Top 10 Best Lightweight Laptops in 2020
10. Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop, 15.6 inches Full HD IPS Display
Aspire 5 is a modern and one of the most favorite laptops for thousands of users. It has a memory storage of 126GB. The product is run by a powerful 3.5GHz core processor. It’s a fairly powerful machine. Furthermore, the screen size is 15.6 inches that supports full HD resolution. Aspire 5 is therefore a good laptop to only work and study but also watch movies as well.
Additionally, it has a backlit display. There are varied ports including HDMI, USB 2, USB 3.1 and more. Furthermore, for a full single charge, the compact laptop machine can run for 7.5 hours. The product comes fully equipped with Windows 10. The product is a 65-watt machine, lastly.
- Dual core processor
- 126 GB memory
- A 15.6-inch screen size
- Supportive to a full HD resolution
- Ports: HDMI, USB 2, USB 3.1, …
- Running hours: 7.5 hours per full single charge
- Support with Windows 10
- 65-watt energy consumption
9. Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop, 15.6 Inches FHD IPS Display, 8th Gen Intel Core i5
Aspire Aspire is yet another powerful and lightweight laptop machine. It runs on Core i5 Intel 8th Generation. As powerful with Acer Aspire’s processing power, the memory offered by Acer is 256 GB for the product. Its screen size is 15.6 inches, which is fair for a lightweight laptop. Users can watch quality HD videos from the screen. The product, as a result, supports Graphics 620 Intel UHD.
There are varied ports it accepts including HDMI, USB 2, USB 3.1, USB Type C 3.1, etc. What’s more, the keyboard is backlit. It can read your fingerprint for access to the computer with protective security as well.
- Intel Corei5 processor (8th Generation)
- 256GB stroage memory
- Screen size 15.6 inches
- 1080 full HD resolution support
- Graphics 620 Intel UHD
- Ports: HDMI, USB2, USB3.1, USB Type C 3.1 …
- Backlit keyboard
- Fingerprint-enabled access
8. HP Touchscreen 2020 HP 15.6″ Touchscreen Laptop Computer
HP Touchscreen is a self-serving lightweight laptop that is excellent to have along. It runs by Core i3 Intel processor 10th generation that is a powerful processor for the compact and lightweight laptop. Furthermore, the touchscreen comes in 15.6 inches. While it is a touchscreen, it supports resolutions 768 x 1366.
What’s more, the storage memory is 128GB with HP Touchscreen. For the RAM part, it is 8GB that shows it is also a powerful machine. The lightweight laptop has multiple ports including USB 3.1, USB Type C 3.1, HDMI, headphone jack, etc. it comes with a Windows 10 S software.
- Core i3 Intel Processor (10th Generation)
- 15.6-inch screen (touchscreen)
- Support 768 x 1366 resolutions
- Memory storage: 128GB
- RAM: 8GB
- Ports: USB 3.1, USB Type C 3.1, HDMI, headphone jack, …
- System: Windows 10 S
7. VivoBook 15 Thin and Light Laptop, 15.6” Full HD
VivoBook 15 is a unique lightweight laptop machine on its own. It runs a Core r5 processor 3500u. What’s more, it has a 14.1-inch screen. It’s a very thin laptop beside its lightweight feature. It is as thick as 0.7 inch only for the screen part. Users can view VivoBook 15 with full HD quality picture. Furthermore, it runs by a RAM of 8GB.
Additionally, the SSD memory is 256 GB. The backlit keyboard makes typing in darkness possible if you want to switch off your room lightbulb and concentrate on your work or studying. Moreover, the product enables ports such as USB 2, USB 3, USB Type C 3.1, etc. Lastly, it comes with equipped software for Windows Home 10.
- Core r5 Processor 3500u
- 14.1-inch screen size
- Support full HD resolutions
- RAM: 8GB
- SSD Memory: 256GB
- Backlit keyboard: easy to use when turning off the light
- Ports: USB2, USB3, USB TypeC 3.1…
- Equipped with Windows Home 10
6. Lenovo Flex 14 2-in-1 Convertible Laptop, 14 Inch FHD Touchscreen Display
Lenovo Flex is a flexible lightweight laptop machine suitable for a wide range of uses. It supports ports such as USB 3.1, USB-C and HDMI. Additionally, the product comes with full HD resolution that it also supports. Users will find Lenovo Flex helpful with Windows 10 that is the most advanced operating system from Microsoft.
Furthermore, the privacy shutter just shuts off the laptop’s webcam whenever it is not in use. It is a doubled security because the Windows 10 also comes with a protection on its own against ransomware, malware and viruses. Also, it features an active pen that users can take note with the lightweight laptop machine. For a full charge, it can run as long as 10 hours. That is a good lightweight laptop for both studying and professional uses.
- Ports: USB 3.1, USB-C, HDMI
- Flex lightweight laptop
- Support Full HD quality image
- Equipped with Windows 10
- Webcam auto-shutoff: Not in use
- Active Pen: Take notes and Control the machine
- Full Charge: 10 hours of uses
5. Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 – 13.5″ Touch-Screen – Intel Core i5 – 8GB Memory – 128GB Solid State
Surface Laptop model 3 by Microsoft features an elegant design. The super-lightweight laptop is clean and sleek. The ports are such as USB-A and USB-C. Not many ports have it, but the battery life lets you work and/or study with the laptop for as long as 11.5 hours before it drains, and we need to find a charger. What’s more, it offers a fast-charging system. The machine will get 80% of full charge for only one hour that makes it a topper in regards to speed charging.
The product runs by Core i5 Intel. For the graphic coprocessor, it runs by Plus Graphics Intel Iris that makes full HD easily possible. In fact, the screen resolution is up to a par of 1504 x 2256 resolutions.
- Ports: USB-A & USB-C
- Battery Hours: 11.5 hours
- Fast Charging System: 80% in one hour
- Processor: Core i5 Intel
- Image Resolutions: 1504 x 2256
4. Acer Spin 3 Convertible Laptop, 14 inches Full HD IPS Touch, 8th Gen Intel Core i7
Spin 3 by Acer is another powerful lightweight laptop. It runs on the Core i7 processor 8565U. While users can flex the screen, the screen size is 14 inches that deserves the name of being a superb-lightweight laptop machine. Spin 3 can view image quality such as those of 1080 x 1920 resolutions.
Its storage memory is 512GB. Furthermore, it makes the stylus active so that you can take note with it. It runs by a battery that requires recharge. The product has dual speakers and is just makes a so thin that can make you fall in love with it easily.
- Processor: Core i7 8565U
- Screen Size: 14 inches
- Resolutions: 1080 x 1920
- Storage Memory: 512 GB
- Included: a Stylus Pen
3. Lenovo IdeaPad Laptop 2020
IdeaPad run by Lenovo is a 14-inch lightweight laptop. It supports 768 x 1366 resolutions. The LED backlight makes IdeaPad energy-efficient. Moreover, it has a flash memory of 64 GB which is small. Thus, we all can use it for light uses of Microsoft offices and not heavy editing.
It has ports such as HDMI, USB 3.0, etc. The laptop machine is offered with Windows Home 10. Furthermore, users will also receive a full free subscription for Windows Office for one full year with it as well.
- Screen Size: 14 inches
- Resolutions: 768 x 1366
- LED backlight: Energy-Efficient
- Flash Memory: 64GB
- Ports: HDMI, USB 3.0
- Support with Windows Home 10
- Free Microsoft Office one-year subscription
2. HP Newest Premium 15.6-inch HD Laptop
HP 2019 by HP has plenty to offer as well. The lightweight laptop runs by a processor Dual Core APU A6-9220 that is a powerful processor for a lightweight laptop market. Furthermore, the RAM is 8GB. The most important part of it is its memory storage of 1TB that is very huge for a lightweight laptop.
Plus, HP 2019’s screen size is 15.6 inches. It further supports HD resolution. The product comes with Windows 10 operating system. Lastly, it has a CD/DVD player with it as well.
- Processor: Dual Core APU A6-9220
- RAM: 8GB
- Memory Storage: 1TB
- Screen Size: 15.6 inches
- Resolutions: HD image qualities
- Support: CD/DVD
1. Apple MacBook Air 13-inch, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD Storage – Silver
The Macbook is one of the most well-renowned lightweight laptops in the industry with Macbook Air. It runs with a Core i5 dual-core processor. Furthermore, the lightweight laptop supports 3 ports. Furthermore, it supports high resolutions HD image qualities.
The graphics quality that it can afford is 6000. Lastly, the SSD storage of the laptop is fast for data transfer as well.
- Processor: Core i5 dual-core
- Number of Ports: 3
- Resolution: HD
- Graphics: 6000
- SSD Storage: Fast data transfer
- Powerful Processor: It’s hard to say what a powerful processor is because it is varied on your personal demands. If you are using a lightweight laptop machine for simple tasks such as Microsoft offices and browsing the Internet, then Intel Core i3 is just enough for you. Nonetheless, if you want to do heavy editing on videos and more, then users should choose Intel Corei5. It also depends on the generations of those processors. It’s as expected, the latest the best the processor is.
- Quality Graphic: The best a lightweight can have is full HD image resolution. Nonetheless, it’s acceptable with some graphic resolutions such as 720 pixels if you are using those lightweight laptop machines for only some mundane jobs and don’t need those personal computers for a lot of movie time.
- Storage: 1TB is the largest memory storage capacity we mention here. The least is 128GB. The storage capacity also gives those price tags of lightweight personal computers. Therefore, every user should know their needs whether they just want simple lightweight computers or superb lightweight computers for multitasking and a lot of different jobs together such as videography and photography. Normally, a 500GB is acceptable. While a 128GB storage is too small, doing some office work is acceptable because you can store those documents on the Internet as well.
- Ports: The more ports it can accept, the better. This is a very general assumption. However, users should know the number of ports can make an ugly exterior outlook design of a lightweight laptop as well. As a result, it boils down to knowing your needs whether you need USB 3.1, USB2, HDMI, headphone jack and more. Some lightweight computers do not have it all. If you want those lightweight laptops, you should buy some accessories to assist you with some ports those lightweight laptops just don’t have.
- Screen Sizes: Normally 14 inches is the smallest screen size we do mention here. In fact, the 14-inch screen size is acceptable with the laptop. Furthermore, the largest a lightweight laptop can have is 15.5 inches. It is a hot spot for a fairly huge enough screen size but not too big screen size that every laptop user can afford to have.
Some of us use a lightweight laptop to do mundane tasks such as Microsoft offices. Therefore, we don’t need a very powerful laptop with a core i7 processor and big screen size. The rest of us might need to work on some heavy editing or architectural planning that requires us to have big screen size, high image resolution as well as powerful processors.
As a result, a premium lightweight laptop is a matter of needs and perspectives. We recommend you to consider features such as processor, memory storage, quality graphic, ports and screen size for you to decide what is the best deal available in the market and just for you.
We should have some features in our considerations such as colors and brands beside the suggested buying guide. At the end of the day, we respect your decisions and all the best.